- Sign up at WordPress.com
- Set up a blog for your church – perhaps using yourchuchname.wordpress.com
- Choose a theme such as this one (‘Coraline’) that has the ‘pages’ horizontally across the top.
- If you’re using this theme you can upload your own photo for the header via the ‘presentation’ tab and then ‘custom image header’. I’ve just quickly added one here – you can do a better job I’m sure.
- My advice would be to use ‘Pages’ for content that will not change – ie contact details, service times, whatever.
- My advice would also be to use ‘Posts’ for content that you will be updating – ie news items, sermons, whatever. You can add these to different categories if you choose. If you don’t plan to keep on updating the site my advice would be not to add anything that will go out of date – there is nothing worse than a website listing last year’s Christmas services or somesuch.
- If you like you can add a domain – yourchurchname.org.uk – via ‘options’ and then ‘domains’. For a UK domain this will cost you a tenner a year or less.
- You can customise the sidebar using ‘presentation’ and then ‘widgets’.
Welcome to our church websiteThis is a made up site for a made up church just to illustrate what can be done in about half an hour with minimal effort.
Main Service TimesSunday 6am Informal Service
11pm Sunday Best Service
- 10,879 hits